Monday, March 12, 2012

The Ghost and the Goth By Stacey Kade

Alona Dare, ruler of popular crowd, has just been hit by a bus! After materializing as a ghost and going unseen to her own funeral, she realizes that Will Killian is the only person that CAN see her. The only problem with that is- Will is a social leper and completely unwilling to help her.  Will just wants to make it through his senior year so he can escape all the ghosts that he's able to see and hear. Alona, though, can be very persuading (Duh, she was miss popular), and the two start to form an arrangement and maybe even a friendship??







I really LOVED this book.  No, it's not one of those books that are going to change your world or anything like that.  It was just a super-light, fun read, which I think are necessary every now and again.  This book made me smile, and it got me hooked!  It made me forget I was even reading and just allowed me to get immersed in the story.  The whole idea of a guy that can see dead people and a popular dead girl is so cute.
The chapters are written in alternating viewpoints, which I love because you get to see both sides of the story.  The other characters in the book were pretty awesome too:  Joonie, Lilly, the other ghosts, the moms.  The best part of it is that it's a 3 book series, so I get to read more about these people and I love it!!

PS- Isn't the cover adorable??

Add it to you to-read list

Rating:


How I got this book: Library
Date Published: 6/29/2010

3 comments:

  1. It seems like a fun read. Something that will make you laugh out loud. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at this book for awhile (had it on the long to-read list), because I liked the concept. I hadn't read very much about it though, but I'm glad you liked it! I'll maybe move it up higher on the reading list.

    ReplyDelete