Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today I'm one of them :)
This week (June 26) the topic is:

Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or

Someone I Know In Real Life

Wow hard one!!  I don't really compare myself or friends/family to characters in books too often... probably because characters in books tend to be extremes and I don't think I know a lot of extreme people.  Plus I've read A LOT of books and have trouble remembering stuff like this :(  But here's my best!

1.  But I Love Him By: Amanda Grace and Stay By: Deb Caletti- The characters (Ann and Clara) don't remind me of myself per-say, but their situations do.  I was in an extremely weird controlling relationship for a long time and can completely relate to a guy wanting to know every move you make and accusing you of lying all the time.

2.  Marcus Flutie (Sloppy Firsts By: Megan McCafferty)- Who doesn't know a guy like this?  Cool, good in bed, smart and cocky.  Always playing head games.  Oh yes I know a Marcus or two... but they are NOT redheads :)

3.  Jane (Rosebush By: Michele Jaffe)- I liked Jane and she reminded me a lot of myself at that age... except for the whole getting run over and all that :)

4.  Kelsy Finkelstein (Freshman Year... By: Meredith Zeitlin)- I don't know if I am a ton like her, but I want to be!!  She's so funny!  I guess the biggest part I could relate to was the always trying something new to stand out... I definitely went through that phase.

5.  April and Violet (Ten Things We Did... By: Sarah Mylnowski)- yes me and my bestie from high school were definitely these girls.
6.  Darcy (Something Borrowed By: Emily Giffin)- I HAD a friend like this.  Obsessed with having all the nicest things, only cared about herself.  Found ways to put other people down....

This one is tough... I'll update if I think of more

What are yours??



8 comments:

  1. I'm saddened that you were ever able to relate to Ann and Clary but glad that you are past that now.
    I definitely knew some Darcy's in my time too ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came up with some good ones. I thought this week's top ten was a toughie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one in common! I was surprised because I didn't think a Marcus Flutie was such a common friend to have :)
    Like your list!
    here’s mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put Rosebush on your list! Michele Jaffe is great.
    Here's mine:
    http://emily-toomanybooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-characters-that-remind-me-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with this week's topic! I couldn't think of many
    I also know a few Marcus's and a Darcy :)
    I did mine with a different topic- http://tinyurl.com/7lnzbsz
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot of people who *think* they're a Marcus, haha. Unfortunately, I think everyone knows a Darcy, too.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a hard meme! Oooo...Darcy....I think I know someone who reminds me of her too! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award.

    ReplyDelete