Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- REWIND!

Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (October 9th) I'm one of them :)

Top Ten Tuesday REWIND (a past topic I missed):

Villains/Other Characters I had a STRONG Negative Reaction To


1.  Dolores Umbridge... Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I think I hated her more than Voldemort, if that's possible... a horrible horrible woman, and one of the best side characters J.K. ever created :)

2.  Miranda Priestly... The Devil Wears Prada- Yeah she was a bitch!  I definitely felt bad for Andrea.

3.  Mrs. X... The Nanny Diaries- Holy horrible mother!!  I wanted to jump in to the book and strangle her!

4.  Voldemort... Harry Potter- Ok I had to put him on here... He's only like the most despised villain in book history right?

5.  Connor's Parents... Impulse and Perfect- I don't even have words for these people.

6.  Cole... Bitter End- Needed castrated.  Enough said.

7.  Frankie... Twenty Boy Summer- Ok so I know this is an odd choice because she's definitely NOT a villain... but I had a very strong negative reaction to her.  She needed punched for what she did, for real.

8.  Peter Van Houten... The Fault in Our Stars- How can you be rude to kids with cancer???  Seriously HOW?

9.  Darcy... Something Borrowed/Blue- Mean Girl grown up.  Even though her best friend stole her fiance, I STILL hated everything about her.  Even when she went to London... even when she supposedly had her break-through... nope still hate her.

10.  Kim... The Boyfriend List- She was Ruby's BFF before the whole Jackson thing.  I just really really wanted to fight her for thinking that it was ok for her to steal Jackson from Ruby, but not ok for Ruby to want him back.... WTF?

11.  Last One!!  Nikki... The Rules of Survival- POS mother.

I swear I'm not a violent person... these people just bring out strong reactions in me!!

Can't wait to see what topics everyone else picked!!

PS- Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY of Cinder or My Fair Godmother!!

 
 

22 comments:

  1. oh yes Dolores, she made my list too. ah just the name makes me mad! great list

    Marissa

    here's my my TTT (villains)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both listed villains this week - go us! I hadn't considered Peter Van Houten, but I really like that choice. And yes so much to Dolores Umbridge and Miranda Priestly.
    Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo Kim and Umbridge! I totally agree. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda Priestly was so bad! Evil! OMG! :)I haven't read the book, but did watched the movie. Loved it.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gooood, Dolores! I hated her soooo much I can't even tell. I was fine with Voldemort but she was just so nasty... Ugh.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, Dolores is on quite some lists this week! I can totally understand why. Voldemort is a villain indeed (I still like him, my good old Voldie), but he admits it. She's just plain nasty.

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting - I like Mel liked Voldemort. I thought he had a lot of layers to him and we got to see why he acted that way. Thats the sign of a good character ya know :) But I HATED Dolores. eeeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Totally agree on The boyfriend List thing! God, I thought she was such a hypocrite about the whole Jackson thing! Agree with all your choices ! :D
    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday Here;
    http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2012/10/top-ten-movies-you-didnt-know-were-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Ihad a burning hate for Umbridge! I dont remember ever hating a character as much as her! Awezome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your blog! :) Couldn't agree more about Mrs. X!

    ~ Alice
    http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did villains too... I think a lot of us really hate Delores Umbridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting list! Yes to D. Umbridge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I DEFINITELY hated Umbridge more than Voldemort! xp
    Great topic choice!
    Here’s my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I HATED Darcy but I actually did start to like her a teeny bit after Something Blue :)

    Jane
    janestoryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally with you on Mrs. X! She really doesn't get that much better, although you understand her a little more, in the second Nanny book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I totally agree with you about Dolores Umbridge. I can still feel the hate when I see her name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. I definitely agree with Dolores Umbridge! She was awful!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHH Umbridge still makes me so rage-y that woman is pure evil! Totally worse than Voldermort.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read any of these books, which is probably a good thing. I already have enough fictional people I'm about to go homicidal on.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally have a stronger reaction to Umbridge than Voldemort. I think he's the "bigger" villain, but I'd bet you could find a larger number of people that legitimately HATED Umbridge (me included). And oh yes, Peter Van Houten, he made me want to punch things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Jennifer Brown is hands down my favorite author. Bitter End, Hate List. Best books I've ever read. Cole was a douche, I wanted to murder him so much during the book and Darcy, I liked her character at first, then she just started getting annoying. I didn't read the book, but I WANT TO SO BAD, the movie was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. MICHELLE!!!! You won my giveaway - please let me know your e-mail or if you'd like someone else to "win" thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete