Monday, January 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- 2013 Debuts

 Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (January 15th) I'm one of them :)


 
This week the topic is:

Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To


1.  Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor- Murder-Mystery with some mean girl Pretty Little Liar/Gossip Girl stuff mixed in.

2.  My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi- Not a fan of the cover, but it's about a girl who does something stupid one night and gets HIV... Scary stuff!

3.  The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding- A girl moves to L.A. to live with a mother she knows almost nothing about.  I don't know why I want to read it so much... I think it's because it has the word "List" in the title :)

4.  Blaze by Laurie Crompton- Comic books, superheroes, sexting, and a really cool cover!

5.  The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller- A popular girl who is secretly a nerd!  I'm a sucker for books like this, plus I love the cover!



6.  In the After by Demitria Lunetta- Usually I don't go for zombie/alien/dystopia books, but this one looks cool... sort of like The Farm & The Darkest Minds.

7.  OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu- a girl with an obsession... not really sure it has anything to do w. OCD, but it looks like something I'd like :)

8.  The Mumurings by Carly Ann West- A girl who's sister hears voices and commits suicide.  As she's investigating what really happened to her sister, she starts to these whispers too.

9.  Premeditated Josin L. McQuein- Another suicide book, but this one is about revenge.

10. The Boyfriend App by Kate Sise- Been wanting to read this ever since I saw the pretty cover a few months ago :)


Honorable Mentions: Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook, Dear Life, You Suck by Scott Blagden, Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill, After You by Jessica Cora, Red by Alison Cherry, The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston, The S Word by Chelsea Pitcher, The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock, Splintered by A.G. Howard


Dance of Shadows didn't make my list, but I LOVE this cover... it's beautiful!

There are SO many amazing debuts coming out this year it was hard for me to pick... I can't wait to see what's on everyone else's lists!

20 comments:

  1. Glad to see some of the ones on my list on yours too! I totally wish I'd added The Boyfriend App on mine! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to The Boyfriend App, though it didn't make my list.

    Here's my Top Ten: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Reece Malcolm List and Premeditated are also high on my Debuts TBR list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I actually really love the cover for MY LIFE AFTER NOW :) Either way, I think the story is going to be great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't like the cover, I just think it doesn't fit the subject. It feels like Little Red Riding Hood or something :)

      Delete
  5. The Summer I Became a Nerd sounds awesome! I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm adding it to my wish list! Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great list! I haven't heard of most of these, but I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Premeditated sounds very good. Nice list! Thanks for sharing. :)

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer I Became a Nerd! Love this! Thanks.

    Here’s my Top Ten. I hope you will share with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My life after now sounds really good. I haven't read any book about this subject before. And I love the creepy cover and promise from The murmurings!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! You have some very interesting titles. I went ahead and added My Life After Now, In The After, and The Murmurings to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Contemporary for the win! I'm excited to read Premeditated. I just found out about it today and I was like OMG THIS IS SO ME. There is some great contemporary coming out this year. So. Excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally obsessed with all these awesome contemps coming out this year... I think the dystopian phase has finally hit max!

      Delete
  12. I picked up a few ideas from your list...we didn't have any crossovers, tho.

    Here's my list: TTT

    Audrey @ Ink and Page

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know how you feel about there being so many to pick from. The more and more blogs I look at today, the longer my to-read list grows. I really want to read "Blaze" I mean, just by your description - how can you say no to comic books and superheroes? I hope all these books meet your expectations!

    Caroline @ Prose Before Woes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too many good ones to choose just 10 of them, huh? Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read your reviews for these. So many of them look great! I'm glad you told us about them, especially The Summer I Became a Nerd. I wanna read that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I don't usually read a lot of contemporaries (PREMEDITATED excluded), but the second book on your list caught my interest. Pregnancy, sure, but there aren't a lot of YA contemps about HIV anymore.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-10-tuesday-most-wanted-2013-debuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just requested Blaze on Netgalley! I so love the idea of The Boyfriend App! Idnt it just exciting? :D Happy reading!

    Top 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To
    Waiting on Wednesday
    New Meme: Cover Love Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  18. Apart from Nobody But Us, we don't share any titles in our lists and I love that because so many awesome debuts! =D I got to check out Prep School Confidential, sounds like my kind of a book.

    Great list =D

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete