Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I Bought But Still Haven't Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (March 19th) I'm one of them :)




 
Today's Topic is:

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread



 
  1. Envy By: Gregg Olsen- I've been wanting to read this FOREVER, but stuff keeps getting in the way
  2. Faking 19 By: Allyson Noel- Total impulse buy
  3. Obsidian By: JLA- My Broke & Bookish Secret Santa bought me this and I was SO happy... but I haven't found time for it yet!
  4. The Casual Vacancy By: JKR- It's JK Rowling... I had to buy it, but it's SO LONG!!!
  5. Prom By: Laurie Halse Anderson- I love Laurie Halse Anderson... but I bought this over 2 years ago and still haven't read it yet :(
  6. Following Chrisopher Creed By: Carol Plum-Ucci- I didn't know there was going to be a Christopher Creed sequel, so when I saw this at the bookstore I just bought it without thinking.  But then I remembered that I don't really remember want the original book is about... oops!!  So I gotta reread that before I even think about getting to this one.
  7. One Lonely Degree By: C.K. Kelly Martin- I bought this like the day after I finished I Know it's Over because I loved it so hard... but that was a looong time ago.
  8. The Help By: Kathryn Stockett- 8 through 10 represent my "I think I might still want to read adult books" buying phase... apparently I don't.
  9. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan By: Sophie Kinsella
  10. I Don't Know How She Does It By: Allison Pearson
 
 I'm happy to say I don't have a ton of unread books sitting around!  This list is literally it plus maybe 2 more. (Even my Nook is clear of unreads). I do get a lot of books out of the library that I don't read, so there's that.  That's not to say I don't have books on the brain that I want to read SO BAD and haven't gotten to yet... I just don't buy them until it's time to read them I guess :) 
 
So how many unread books do you have piling up??
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. Michelle the Shopaholic Series is a fun read, you must read it!!!

    I also have to get cracking with The Casual Vacancy and Obsidian.

    My Top Ten

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read the casual vacancy as well! But I won't let myself buy it until I tackle the THREE HUGE SHELVES of unread books I have. It's a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Obsidian, it was fun and refreshing and exciting and DAEMON!! *fans self* Haha, hope you'll find time for all these books!

    Alicia @ Book a World
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVE TO READ OBSIDIAN! That is like my favorite series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I loved The Help. But I guess you could just watch the movie :)

    So many books I haven't read are classics...I keep convincing myself I'm going to read them, and then I never do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a better person that me. I have tons of books that I buy that I really want to read, but haven't read yet. It's an addiction and the fact that there aren't enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to pretend you didn't ask how many unread books I have lying around and just say that I was happy I didn't buy The Casual Vacancy, because there was no way I was going to finish that book! I tried, just wasn't my thing. I also haven't read The Help, but luckily I borrowed that one from my mom. I would recommend Obsidian because it's simply addictive. Great list! And good luck with it! :-)

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The casual Vacancy is slow to start with but by the end it's mindblowing. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Help was a great book. I read it shortly after seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one I've read is Obsidian. But man, I love that series!!! I hoe you enjoy it whenever you get around to it. Thanks for sharing, and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I do love JLA's Lux series. I've heard some great things about The Help, just didn't know if I would enjoy it.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Obdisian, hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks for visiting myMy Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must read The Help! It's worth it, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obsidian is great :) You should read it :) I have read Sophie Kinsella's book long time ago but I don't think I could read it again. Great list :) Also I'm happy to see that you don't have too much books just staying on the shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww the Shopaholic series! <33 It's such a fun series, you should definitely read the next books soon! So is Obsidian. It's got some hilarious banter and snark. :)

    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete