Monday, May 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Light & Fluffy

Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (May 7th), I'm one of them :)

 
Today's Topic:

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun

This should be super easy for me because I read mostly contemporary.... but going through my list of books, I'm realizing that I read a lot of "issues" books, which I wouldn't exactly characterize those as "Light & Fun".  But here's what I got:


1.  Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski

2.  Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway

3.  Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

4.  The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

5.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

6.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

7.  Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski

8.  52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

9.  From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer & Valerie Thomas

10.  The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade




Those are mine... What happy books do you guys have on your lists??

17 comments:

  1. I just bought Anna and the French Kiss and i want Lola too. Everyone says they are both amazing so I need to get on it! Great list :)

    New GFC and bloglovin follower!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I accidentally deleted my post so i had to rewrite it.

      This is the new link :)
      My Top Ten

      Delete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favourites and Lola and the Boy Next Door is waiting on my shelf for me. Audrey Wait and Freshman Year are definitely on my to be read list. There are actually quite a few books on your list that I really want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for Stephanie Perkins! The other books you've listed look like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was interesting that you found it tough even with reading a lot of contemporary! I do not read that genre very often, but when I do I'd say its 50/50 when it comes to light & fun. Most good books need a little heaviness so I can see why this was a tough topic for everyone regardless of genre preference!! I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read GIMME A CALL, FRESHMAN YEAR AND OTHER NATURAL DISASTERS, or FROM WHAT I REMEMBER, but I own the first two, so I'm definitely reading them soon!! The others on your list are all favorites of mine... you have good taste! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie Perkins novels are perfect! As well as Audrey,Wait! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We share some of the same ones! I know you've already seen my list, but yeah, I totally had a ton of trouble too. It's surprising because we read a lot of contemporary. I do tend to gravitate closer to books that are more emotional, though. I'm just not a light and fun reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somebody Else Mentioned Lola. I haven't read any of those, but Anna and Lola are on my list for 2013.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-books-to-read-when-you-need.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many awesome books on your list! I haven't read Freshman Year or 52 Reasons yet but I so want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Ghost and the Goth is on my list, too! Such a fun book. I completely forgot to include Anna and the French Kiss. Kicking myself for forgetting that one.

    I need to read Audrey, wait. I loved Also Known As, so I don't know why I haven't read that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna made my list today too! Great list. :) Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited to read Audrey, Wait after seeing it on so many lists, somehow I've never heard of it. And good call with From What I Remember, I was really surprised at home much I enjoyed that. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO many here I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Stephanie Perkins! I LOVE her books and both are on my list, too. I've also been wanting to read Audrey, Wait and The Ghost & the Goth. Guess I'll have to bump them further up on the list, eh? :) Thanks for sharing! Oh! I'm also a new follower. You're blog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by "You're" I meant "your" ... ahem. :D

      Delete
  15. 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, Audrey, Wait!, and Gimmie a Call are some of my favorite books! I'll also have to check out From What I Remember! :) Fun list!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete