Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

Kat, Lillia, and Mary are back!!  Their revenge plot on Reeve didn't EXACTLY go as planned, so they're trying to lie low and hope it all blows over.  But when Reeve gets out of the hospital, he and Rennie's attitudes are worse than ever.  Rennie is trying to freeze Lillian out of the group and Mary still can't forget about all the hurt that Reeve caused her.  When Reeve bails on his big chance to apologize to Mary, the 3 girls decide to break his heart the way he broke Mary's.  The first step in this plan is to get Reeve to fall for Lillia.  He's already been showing signs that he's interested, so all it should take is some extra little nudging... and then BAM they're going to bring down the hammer and stomp on his heart.

The only problem is that along the way Alex might be getting hurt... and Lil is having trouble controlling her feelings for Reeve.  And of course there's the Rennie storm that is brewing.





Have you read Burn for Burn yet???  Ok if not, you really need to!!  This series is so cool... plus I don't want to spoil stuff for you in this review... So go read it :)  If you've read it proceed on:

After the first book left me out on that massive cliff, I was dying for more REVENGE!!  When I found out that Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian were coming to Pittsburgh, I decided to wait and buy the book at the signing instead of running out the day it came out.  It was worth the wait because these 2 authors are so cute and funny together.  I am seriously jealous of their BFFness because they really have a genuine cool friendship and they're also able to create something this special together??  It's awesome.

The 2nd book had me just as hooked and addicted as the first one.  I could seriously read about these 3 girls forever.  Like normally 3 books would be plenty for me with a series, but this one I could go at least 6.  In Fire with Fire there is a revenge plot, but also the 3 girls have their own issues going on separately.  Even though I love when these 3 get together... I also found that I loved them apart too.  Kat is trying to seal the deal with her college application, Lillia is also doing a lot of college planning and also dealing with Rennie constantly trying to make her feel like an outsider, and Mary is worried about the anger she's been feeling inside her and other things that she's not sure she can control.  Lillia was a tad too princess in this book for my liking... but I guess that just means I'm more of a Kat-girl.  I love Mary and I still felt terrible for her for everything she's went through... but the girl was a little coo-coo train for me to totally commit to her.

The one thing that I didn't love about this book was that I kind of figured out what one of the big secrets was going to be about half way through.  Which I don't know if that means it was too obvious or I was just looking into it too much.  Other than that I found this to be an awesome 2nd book.  If you loved book 1, you will be into this one.  And if you didn't love book 1, I actually think this one was a little bit better.  Like I said the girls were all doing their own thing for most of the book and there was a lot more supernatural stuff in this one too.

OVERALL:  I just can't get enough of this series!!!  Revenge is still on the menu here, but it's now focused on one person: Reeve.  There are 2 big reveals at the end of this book, so be prepared to want to punch yourself in the face after finishing.... because book 3 won't be here until next year!!


This Book Contains:

  • Supernatural elements
  • Setting: An Island off the coast of New England
  • Fashion
  • Rich living
  • Swimming
  • College planning
  • REVENGE


My Rating:









4/4


How I got this book: Purchased at the authors' book signing in Pittsburgh
Date Published: 8/13/2013

2 comments:

  1. I thought Burn for Burn was okay. I wasn't in love especially because I've read books where Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian did way better. So I didn't know what to expect, then Fire with Fire. I love this book so much especially the plot twist.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Burn for Burn,.but I haven't had a chance to read Fire with Fire yet. I've wanted to since I've finished the first, but I have to wait for my library to catch up with me. I am so jealous you got to go to a signing

    ReplyDelete