Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- 2014 Releases I'm Dying For

Top Ten Tuesday is a really cool original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and The Bookish.  Each week they post a new Top Ten List that bloggers join in on answering... and today (November 26), I'm one of them :)



Today's Topic

Top Ten 2014 Releases I'm Dying to Read



SO many of my favorite authors have books coming out in 2014.... and I can't freaking WAIT for them!!  Some of these authors haven't put out a YA book in a few years... to say I'm excited is an understatement!  I left series off this list since I already did a list of those.



  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han- I haven't read any of her solo books and this one sounds cute!  Release Date: April 22
  • What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I LOVED My Life Next Door.... LOVED!!!  So of course I need to read more of this author!  Release Date: April 15
  • We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- This is a suspense novel... and with E. Lockhart, I'm more used to fun, quirky type books... but that's ok by me, I'll still read this one ASAP.  Release Date: May 13
  • #scandal by Sarah Ockler- Twenty Boy Summer... Bittersweet.... MUST. HAVE. MORE. SARAH. OCKLER.  Release Date: June 17






  • Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski- YAY Sarah Mlynowski is writing YA again (she writes a lot of MG).  It's about high school students who get tainted flu shots that enable them to hear each other's thoughts. Release Date: March 11
  • The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson- Again YAY that Laurie Halse Anderson is writing YA again (she also writes a lot of MG and Children's... mostly historical stuff).  Even though I know this book will be intense and probably end up hurting my heart... I can't wait!!  Laurie Halse Anderson is easily one of my all-time fav authors.  Release Date: January 7
  • Starbird Murphy and the World Outside by Karen Finneyfrock- I don't know if I'm going to like a book like this or not, but I'm willing to give it a shot and be excited about it since I loved The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door.  Release Date: June 12
  • Torn Away by Jennifer Brown- Yes to anything by Jennifer Brown.  Release Date: May 6






  • Random by Tom Leveen- I really like this author's writing and can't wait to read more by him.  This one is about a girl who gets a call from a stranger who wants her to tell him one reason not to kill himself.  Release Date: August 12
  • All the Rage by Courtney Summers- Actually this is my #1.  I CAN NOT WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK!!!  It was supposed to be out in 2013 and got pushed back.  So far no release date or cover has been revealed and I'm starting to think Courtney Summers and her publishing peeps are trying to torture me!
*All release dates are according to Goodreads and are subject to change.


Others:
Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
The Dirt Diary by Anna Staniszewski
Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott


What books coming out in 2014 are you obsessing over??  Leave me a link and I'll check you out :)

21 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to see What I Thought Was True on another list! I haven't seen much marketing/interest surrounding it online yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I don't normally read contemporary, but I loved Fitzpatrick's first book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun list! WE WERE LIARS was amazing, though totally heartrending. ALL THE RAGE was originally my very top choice, but it got bumped to 2015 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!! 2015?!?!?!? I can not wait that long!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. I like to see Sarah Ockler on a lot of lists! I love her writing and think it's great more people are discovering her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added Don't Even Think About It to my tbr. I'm freaking dying for To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I want it so much. Jenny Han is one of my favorite authors.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. We Were Liars sounds amazing, especially because it's by E. Lockhart! I hadn't heard of Random before, but it sounds really interesting! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/12/02/2014/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa I didn't even know Laurie Halse Anderson was coming out with a new young adult book, I definitely want to read that. You've listed quite a few books I had no idea about by authors I enjoy, thank you so much! I'm completely out of the loop. I love the title "Starbird Murphy and the World Outside" and after reading the synopsis I can't resist wanting this. Again, thank you for introducing me to so many new contemporary books, I cannot wait for their releases! :)

    Isa @ Chasing Quills

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read all these books! I have a copy of The Impossible Knife of Memory (I got it in the mail today. Some days I adore getting review copies) and it's good so far! The rest of these on your list are going straight to the to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree there are so many great books set for release next year, that I definitely had a hard time keeping my list down to 10 books too! To All the Boys I've Ever Loved made it to my list too, I've loved every single book that Jenny Han has written, and I'm sure that this book won't disappoint either. I totally forgot to add #Scandal and What I thought Was True to my list, they both sound amazing! Brilliant list Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing What I Thought Was True everywhere! I love your list, mostly because I haven't heard of Tom Leveen before or Random and that's such a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is seriously Jenny Han at her best! It will be worth the wait for sure. I really enjoyed that one. Super excited for the Ockler book and the Brown book. I have the Fitzpatrick book at home which I will be reading soon I think. Great list.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of good titles on your list this week. Some are on my list, others would have been on my list if I had more than 10 slots, and others I haven't heard of but now I want!

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm so pretty sure we are book soulmates. Love this list of contemporaries you have going here. I am dying to get my hands on All The Rage and We Were Liars mostly but I want to read all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I have some of these! #scandal looks good, and I'm hearing ALL THE THINGS about WE WERE LIARS. Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think most of them are on my tbr list! Thanks for sharing!

    My Top Ten this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had a few overlapping books, like you saw, but even for the ones that didn't overlap I think I want to read everything on your list. I wanted to put the new Courtney Summers and Jandy Nelson on mine, but I hate that there's no real info yet. Why?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first four I fully and totally agree with. I cannot wait to get my hands on them. And they all have such gorgeous covers!

    Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks! I am happy I got the ARCs for #scandal and the Impossible Knife of Memory -they both look really great. I also really want to read the new Jenny Han and Huntley Fitzpatrick books, really excited for those. Jandy Nelson has a new book coming out, I have been watching for that for ages!!! SO EXCITED! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know, these are basically a bunch of authors but books I've never heard of before! Must investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really liking your list, especially because some are new to me! I'm excited for We Were Liars and To All the Boys I've Loved Before!!

    ReplyDelete